Saturday 7 June 2014

Rosewater

Rosewater is my absolute favourite skincare discovery of the year! I've just ordered two more bottles online as I can't get over how much this has helped my skin. I'm always a little sceptic about things until I see the results for myself, and this is now one of my most reached for skincare products. Rosewater is a wonderfully gentle and natural product with fabulous skin-enhancing benefits. Many products you own will have it listed as an ingredient, but using it by itself is where you'll really see it's magic at work.



Finishing off a natural cleanse
Recently, I have been cleansing with oil (See here and here), which leaves a residue on the skin. Washing your face with water won't remove this, as oil and water separate, so I had been removing this residue with a gentle cleanser. However, using this cleanser was obviously moving away from natural skincare, so I didn't feel too good about that. But at last I found a solution - Rosewater! After I remove my make-up with an oil of choice, I simply spray rosewater on a cotton pad and wipe it all around my face, which gets rid of all the oily residue. Afterwards, you can simply rinse your face with plain old water and voilà, a completely natural cleanse!

Moisturising Toner
After I cleanse my face in the AM and PM, I rinse with water and then spritz rosewater over a wet face. The natural oils in rosewater will trap moisture in the skin, so this is great if you suffer from any dryness on your face. It also closes the pores, making it ideal for use after a cleanse. Who needs harsh alcohol filled toners that strip your skin when you can use this magic stuff! Rosewater also regulates the oil production of skin so it's also great if you have an oily complexion.

Refreshing spritz
I like to keep my bottle of rosewater in the fridge and then spray it on my face throughout the day whenever I feel like some refreshment! It's super hydrating, nourishing and light on the skin. Plus it won't won't mess up any make-up you might have applied. This would be especially lovely in hot weather or after exercise. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it has the ability to reduce redness from irritated or over-heated skin.

Make-up setting spray
Rosewater has become really popular as a setting spray for make-up. After you have applied your foundation/powder, give your face a couple of light sprays. This will help to keep your make-up in place throughout the day. It will also create a lovely dewy glow on the skin, giving you a fresh youthful complexion.

Good for irritated eyes
I have read so much about how rosewater has the ability to calm and sooth irritated eyes. So recently when my boyfriend's hay fever was hitting in full force, I decided to test this theory! His eyes were very red and itchy, which was causing him some pain. I sprayed two cotton pads with lots of chilled rosewater and placed them over his closed eyes for about 5 minutes. And it worked! The irritation calmed down almost immediately.

Anti-Stress
The smell of roses seems to be something people either love or loathe. Personally I love it, as it brings me back to when I was a really young child in my Grandfather's rose garden in Dublin. The aroma of roses is thought to be a powerful mood enhancer. It can help to reduce feelings of anxiety and promotes emotional well-being. This makes it ideal for use before bed time, as it can help to de-stress the mind and help you to relax into a nice slumber!


I haven't been able to find it in any Galway stores, so I've been purchasing it online from The Health Store, an Irish website that I love which sells lots of natural skincare products.

Happy Spritzing!

Sinéad

No comments:

Post a Comment